Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Upcoming Gig: Megon McDonough at the Mac

OK, I never do this, but I am going to plug an upcoming gig that may be of interest to my friends, family, students and whoever else in the Chicago area. On Friday and Saturday, November 28 and 29 I will be performing with the always fabulous Megon McDonough. We will be playing Megon's show called Her Way: An Interesting Bunch of Gals, in which she pays tribute to many of her favorite jazz and pop singers. Click the link for more info and sample video clips from our DVD.

The venue is the McAninch Arts Center on the campus of College of Dupage in Glen Ellyn. For more info please go HERE.

What do I like about this gig, you ask? First of all, Megon is the real deal. I've not worked with a more gifted and accomplished singer. The energy she brings to the stage every show is contagious - it makes me play at a higher level when I'm backing someone like this. The excellent arrangements were written by my great friend Peter Polzak. We play everything from A-Tisket, A-Tasket to Nick of Time; there's quite a batch of styles in between.

It's not a heavy "jazz" gig by any means. But it is a very entertaining evening. Come check it out.

No comments: